Halfway!! Come so far, but so far to go. :) More about baby at 20 weeks.
p.s. whose idea was it to take these photos first thing when I wake up? gees.
I don’t feel like I’ve grown much in a while, so I think a growth spurt might be in the near future!
Looking Forward To…
- Starting to think about the baby’s room
- Slowly beginning to think about a baby shower and registering
- Bradley birth prep classes starting this Saturday!
- Fulfilling all the cravings I’m finally having! Gone are the days of “not feeling like anything” when it comes to food. I seem to know exactly what I want these days.
- Autumn days (too soon?)
Not Looking Forward To…
- The crazy increase in health insurance costs in our near future. whoa.
- Maternity leave without short term disability. Note to self: Do not forget next time
Find of the Week! —— Papaya Extract ——-
I’ve been having the worst heartburn. It always hits hardest around 4pm. Hate it. P.S. That old wives tale about heartburn = hairy baby….not so much of a tale: read.
I was taking Tums, but then heard that the calcium doesn’t really digest well and ends up calcifying, often times on your placenta, and doesn’t really help your stomach long term. So I tried the following:
- Apple Cider Vinegar - yes, gross, it burns.. but totally works. I took just a half cap to cap full. Some people add it to water and honey to make it easier to swallow.
- Papaya Extract - the winner! they’re found in the supplements section of your nearest natural foods store. They’re tasty and you can’t take too many. I’m going to try taking one after each time I eat to see if that makes for less heartburn come evening time.
Have a great weekend!
Here are some photo highlights of my week:
watching horses run in the field during a weekend trip to Waterville
Adorable cradle handmade by Donald’s grandpa 27 years ago for when he was an infant. So honored that our little Tutu will get to sleep here, too.
A thrifting find. Just can’t resist. :)
A sign outside of one of our favorite shops, Atticus.
Me on Instagram: @jwysong